HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway and, if you subscribe to The HazMat DataBase, you have full access to U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
To reset your password, click here. Your username is now the same as your email address.
- 2017-03 January 19, 2017 PHMSA Issues HM-215N Final Rule: Hazardous Materials: Harmonization with International Standards
- 2017-02 January 17, 2017 PHMSA Issues ANPRM HM-251D: Hazardous Materials: Volatility of Unrefined Petroleum Products and Class 3 Materials
- 2017-01 January 16, 2017 Release Dates for Final Rules HM-215N (Harmonization With International Standards) and HM-219A (Miscellaneous Petitions for Rulemaking); PHMSA Names William Schoonover as Associate Administrator for Hazmat Safety
- 2016-62 December 21, 2016 IATA Issues 2017 Lithium Battery Guidance Document
- 2016-61 December 15, 2016 Full Report: In HM-259 NPRM, PHMSA Proposes to Align the HMR with Current International Standards for Air Transportation
- 2016-60 December 15, 2016 Report on Proposals Discussed at the 50th Session of the UN Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
- 2016-59 December 14, 2016 Transport Canada Preliminary Consultation on Updates to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations; PHMSA Safety Advisory: Use of DOT Cylinders
- 2016-58 December 6, 2016 Transport Canada Requests Feedback on Part 6 (Training) of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
- 2016-57 December 2, 2016 PHMSA Issues HM-259 NPRM: Notification of the Pilot-in-Command and Response to Air Related Petitions for Rulemaking
- 2016-56 November 29, 2016 Transport Canada Publishes Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (International Harmonization Update)