The HazMat Reference Gateway and The HazMat DataBase
Features and Descriptions
The HAZMAT Reference Gateway™
The Gateway provides:
- All of the current and past HazMat Alerts on important regulatory events.
- The reports are hyperlinked to original source documents (e.g. Federal Register, ICAO, IMDG reports) and in many cases, regulatory analysis pertaining to the action.
- Our alerts provide timely updates on regulatory changes between print editions of the publication.
- Major reports are presented, by subject category, on rulemakings and final rules issued by the US Dept of Transportation (PHMSA, FMCSA, HazMat Security, etc), and International Organizations (UN Decisions and Reports, Air Transportation Reports, and Marine Transport Decisions). Similar to our Alerts, these reports are hyperlinked to original source documents, and are sorted and presented by major subject category.
The HazMat Compliance DataBase™
The HazMat DataBase benefits include:
- Access to over 4,000 searchable documents, which have appeared in the print publication from 1995 through the current issue, updated regularly, including:
- All of our regulatory analyses, the DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR, and over 250 comments on those letters by dangerous goods experts Frits Wybenga and Andy Altemos.
- Comments are hyperlinked to the original DOT letter.
- Key word searches can be performed on segregated subject groupings, or the entire database, providing summary results showing title of report, date, and author with a summary of the report or interpretation.
2015-22 May 5, 2015 IATA Issues Another Addendum to DGR; Recent FAA Penalty Actions
2015-21 May 01, 2015 DOT Announces HM-251 Final Rule: Enhanced Tank Car Standards and Operational Controls for High-Hazard Flammable Trains
2015-20 April 22, 2015 ICAO Dangerous Goods Panel Meets Next Week, login for The Journal's review of working and information papers; FAA/PHMSA public meeting tomorrow
2015-19 April 17, 2015 DOT Addresses High Hazard Flammable Trains: FRA Issues Emergency Order, Safety Advisories, Notice and Request for Comment; Joint Safety Advisory with PHMSA
2015-18 April 8, 2015 NTSB Issues New Recommendations to PHMSA Addressing DOT-111 and CPC-1232 Tank Cars