The HazMat Reference Gateway and The HazMat DataBase
Features and Descriptions
The HAZMAT Reference Gateway™
The Gateway provides:
- All of the current and past HazMat Alerts on important regulatory events.
- The reports are hyperlinked to original source documents (e.g. Federal Register, ICAO, IMDG reports) and in many cases, regulatory analysis pertaining to the action.
- Our alerts provide timely updates on regulatory changes between print editions of the publication.
- Major reports are presented, by subject category, on rulemakings and final rules issued by the US Dept of Transportation (PHMSA, FMCSA, HazMat Security, etc), and International Organizations (UN Decisions and Reports, Air Transportation Reports, and Marine Transport Decisions). Similar to our Alerts, these reports are hyperlinked to original source documents, and are sorted and presented by major subject category.
The HazMat Compliance DataBase™
The HazMat DataBase benefits include:
- Access to over 4,000 searchable documents, which have appeared in the print publication from 1995 through the current issue, updated regularly, including:
- All of our regulatory analyses, the DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR, and over 250 comments on those letters by dangerous goods experts Frits Wybenga and Andy Altemos.
- Comments are hyperlinked to the original DOT letter.
- Key word searches can be performed on segregated subject groupings, or the entire database, providing summary results showing title of report, date, and author with a summary of the report or interpretation.
2015-15 March 18, 2015 FAA-PHMSA Public Meeting; FRA Directive on Tank Car Valves; Updated HazMat Inspector Performance Training Standards
2015-14 March 12, 2015 Transport Canada Proposes Rail Tank Car Safety Enhancements
2015-13 March 10, 2015 PHMSA Requests Information under HM ACCESS Concerning Potential Impacts of Paperless Communication Systems
2015-12 February 19, 2015 Canada Aligns Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System with the GHS
2015-11 February 17, 2015 PHMSA Extends Compliance Date for Final Rule HM-224F: Transportation of Lithium Batteries