The HazMat Reference Gateway and The HazMat DataBase
Features and Descriptions
The HAZMAT Reference Gateway™
The Gateway provides:
- All of the current and past HazMat Alerts on important regulatory events.
- The reports are hyperlinked to original source documents (e.g. Federal Register, ICAO, IMDG reports) and in many cases, regulatory analysis pertaining to the action.
- Our alerts provide timely updates on regulatory changes between print editions of the publication.
- Major reports are presented, by subject category, on rulemakings and final rules issued by the US Dept of Transportation (PHMSA, FMCSA, HazMat Security, etc), and International Organizations (UN Decisions and Reports, Air Transportation Reports, and Marine Transport Decisions). Similar to our Alerts, these reports are hyperlinked to original source documents, and are sorted and presented by major subject category.
The HazMat Compliance DataBase™
The HazMat DataBase benefits include:
- Access to over 4,000 searchable documents, which have appeared in the print publication from 1995 through the current issue, updated regularly, including:
- All of our regulatory analyses, the DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR, and over 250 comments on those letters by dangerous goods experts Frits Wybenga and Andy Altemos.
- Comments are hyperlinked to the original DOT letter.
- Key word searches can be performed on segregated subject groupings, or the entire database, providing summary results showing title of report, date, and author with a summary of the report or interpretation.
2014-66 November 21, 2014 IMO Updates: IMDG Amendment 37-14; MSC 94 SOLAS Amendment: Container Weight Verification
2014-65 November 7, 2014 Pre-Meeting Report on Proposals to be Addressed at the 46th Session of the UN Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
2014-63 October 30, 2014 OSHA and PHMSA to Hold Public Meetings in Preparation for Upcoming United Nations Meetings
2014-64 October 31, 2014 PHMSA Issues Guidance on Packaging and Transportation of Materials Contaminated with the Ebola Virus
2014-62 October 28, 2014 Results of the Second Meeting of the Multi-Disciplinary ICAO Working Group on Lithium Batteries