HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway and, if you subscribe to The HazMat DataBase, you have full access to U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
To reset your password, click here. Your username is now the same as your email address.
- 2014-19 April 9th, 2014 US and Canada Raise Questions to UN Sub-Committee on the Transport of Dangerous Goods: Classification and HazCom Issues Related to Crude Oil
- 2014-18 April 3rd, 2014 FMCSA Proposes Mandatory Use of Electronic Logging Devices for Recording Hours of Service
- April 1, 2014 Erratum for the March/April 2014 Issue
- 2014-17 March 31, 2014 FMCSA Reinstates Informal Hearing Procedures for Contesting Civil Penalty Claims
- 2014-16 March 20, 2014 DOT Reports to Congress on Hazardous Materials Safety Permit Program Study
- 2014-15 March 18, 2014 PHMSA Issues HM-233C Final Rule to Incorporate Certain Special Permits and Competent Authority Approvals into HMR
- 2014-14 March 14, 2014 Transport Canada proposes Railway Operating Certificate requirement to operate on federally regulated railways
- 2014-13 March 14, 2014 1) OSHA Extends Comment Period on Process Safety Management Request for Information; 2) PHMSA Extends HM-241 NPRM Comment Period
- 2014-12 March 12, 2014 DOT Emergency Restriction/Prohibition Order Expanded and Clarified
- 2014-11 March 5, 2014 FAA Requests Comments on Proposed Advisory Circular for Passenger Notification of HazMat Regulations