HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway and, if you subscribe to The HazMat DataBase, you have full access to U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
To reset your password, click here. Your username is now the same as your email address.
- 2016-06 February 3, 2016 Cargo Container Weight Verification: SOLAS Amendment Requirements Become Mandatory July 1, 2016
- 2016-05 January 20, 2016 FRA Fiscal Year 2015 Enforcement Report; FMCSA Issues Motor Carrier Safety NPRM
- 2016-04 January 19, 2016 PHMSA Issues Final Rule HM-233F to Adopt Certain Hazardous Materials Special Permits into Regulations; IATA Issues Addendum to 57th Edition of DGR
- 2016-03 January 15, 2016 Special Report: The FAST Act - What's in it? Hazardous Materials Safety and Improvement
- 2016-02 January 11, 2016 IATA Issues 2016 Guidance Document on Transport of Lithium Metal and Lithium Ion Batteries
- 2016-01 January 6, 2016 The Journal Reports: Results of the 48th Session of the UN Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
- 2015-61 December 29, 2015 PHMSA Withdraws Notice Proposing Safety Requirements for External Product Piping on Cargo Tanks
- 2015-60 December 21, 2015 PHMSA Publishes Final Rule Amending Requirements for the Safe Transportation of Bulk Explosives
- 2015-59 December 18, 2015 Special Two-Part Report: A Review of Decisions by the 25th Session of the ICAO Dangerous Goods Panel (October 2015)
- 2015-58 December 10, 2015 “FAST” Act Makes Changes to Hazmat Transportation Law and Affects HM-251 Tank Car Provisions