HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway and, if you subscribe to The HazMat DataBase, you have full access to U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
To reset your password, click here. Your username is now the same as your email address.
- 2016-37 July 21, 2016 PHMSA’s Associate Administrator for Hazardous Materials Safety Retires
- 2016-36 July 19, 2016 The Journal Reports: Results of the 49th Session of the UN Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
- 2016-35 July 14, 2016 PHMSA Proposes New Safety Oil Spill Response Plans and Information Sharing for High-Hazard Flammable Trains
- 2016-34 June 30, 2016 PHMSA Issues HM-219A NPRM Responding to Petitions; Modal Agencies Issue Interim Final Rules Adjusting Civil Penalties for Inflation
- 2016-33 June 23, 2016 Update on SOLAS Requirements for Container Weight Verification
- 2016-32 June 17, 2016 Update on PHMSA’s HM-218H Miscellaneous Amendments Final Rule
- 2016-31 June 13, 2016 FAA Issues Safety Advisory Incorporating ICAO Changes; Issues NOPV To Amazon for Alleged HMR Violations
- 2016-30 June 13, 2016 Final Rule HM-218H: Additional Requirements for Nitric Acid Packaging and Emergency Phone Numbers, Among Others
- 2016-29 June 9, 2016 UN TDG and GHS Sub-Committee Pre-Meeting Report Updates: New INF papers; PHMSA Meeting June 14
- 2016-28 June 8, 2016 Airgas Doral, Inc. Pleads Guilty to Fatal 2008 Incident, Sentenced by Department of Justice: $4.3 Million Fine, Organizational Probation, and $2.7 Million in Restitution