The HazMat Reference Gateway and The HazMat DataBase
Features and Descriptions
The HAZMAT Reference Gateway™
The Gateway provides:
- All of the current and past HazMat Alerts on important regulatory events.
- The reports are hyperlinked to original source documents (e.g. Federal Register, ICAO, IMDG reports) and in many cases, regulatory analysis pertaining to the action.
- Our alerts provide timely updates on regulatory changes between print editions of the publication.
- Major reports are presented, by subject category, on rulemakings and final rules issued by the US Dept of Transportation (PHMSA, FMCSA, HazMat Security, etc), and International Organizations (UN Decisions and Reports, Air Transportation Reports, and Marine Transport Decisions). Similar to our Alerts, these reports are hyperlinked to original source documents, and are sorted and presented by major subject category.
The HazMat Compliance DataBase™
The HazMat DataBase benefits include:
- Access to over 4,000 searchable documents, which have appeared in the print publication from 1995 through the current issue, updated regularly, including:
- All of our regulatory analyses, the DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR, and over 250 comments on those letters by dangerous goods experts Frits Wybenga and Andy Altemos.
- Comments are hyperlinked to the original DOT letter.
- Key word searches can be performed on segregated subject groupings, or the entire database, providing summary results showing title of report, date, and author with a summary of the report or interpretation.
2015-06 January 22, 2015 PHMSA Issues Notice of Proposed Rulemaking HM-218H: Miscellaneous Amendments
2015-05 January 16, 2015 PHMSA Issues Revised Schedule for HM-251 High Hazard Flammable Goods by Rail Final Rule; FAA Proposes Penalty against Sears Holding
2015-04 January 12, 2015 Canada's Revision of Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations Aligns with UN Model Regulations and ICAO Ban on LiMetal Batteries on Passenger Aircraft
2015-03 January 8, 2015 HM-215M Published in Federal Register; IATA Issues Addendum to 56th DGR; Latest FAA Penalties
2015-02 January 6, 2015 The Journal Reports: Results of the 28th UN Sub-Committee of Experts on GHS